It is still not late. This day is not just for spas and wellness organisations, it is a reminder that we can all do something to contribute towards our own wellness – both physical and mental.
For me, I recently took up a new sport – Pickleball – at my local spa/gym. A bit like Nordic walking, none of my friends have ever heard of it which is forgivable in that it is very new to this country. Apparently very popular in America and Spain, Pickleball can be played indoors and outdoors and is a combination of tennis and badminton, played over a mid-height net (usually as doubles) with a bat which is called a paddle. The ball is plastic and about the size of a tennis ball but with holes like a plastic golf ball.
Anyway, you can watch a video here if you are interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwqIav5zGx0
BUT the BEST BIT is that since I started playing 6 weeks ago – for 1.5 hours a week, once a week, I have lost a couple of pounds!
For my part, as well as planning to keep it up and improve my serve, I have decided following a recent health check to cut back on my vices over the summer – cheese, butter and bread and go for quality rather than quantity wines…..
Is there anything you can do too?
Happy Birthday to the Queen!
Join in the celebrations on Saturday 11th June 2016 along with spas, other organizations and their consumers in 83 countries across 7 continents.
How to participate?
- Any spa, organization or company with a wellness philosophy can participate by organizing an event on this day without any charge.
- Global Wellness Day’s goal is to create awareness and to motivate people to lead a healthy lifestyle, kick starting them to making lasting changes that will impact their wellbeing 365 days a year.
- Global Wellness Day cannot become a commercial event and this is a non-profit organization.
- The event must be free of charge to consumers.
- Use of all logos and materials must be those of the official organization and must meet corporate identity standards and guidelines.
- Event organizers can take advantage of sponsorship opportunities in order to meet the costs from promoting Global Wellness Day all year round.
- Publicity is positively encouraged.
It’s as easy as that! All you have to do is “Say Yes”.
For more information, visit www.globalwellnessday.org or for advice as to how you can make the most of this opportunity, contact me at Spa Partners email@example.com.
Certainly the spa and wellness industries will be doing all they can in terms of promotions and events on and around this day to celebrate Global Wellness Day 2016 – oh and the date, Saturday 11th June 2016.
Organisers have adopted the slogan ‘One Day Can Change Your Life’ and suggest that we might like to consider one of the following:
1- Walk for an hour. 2- Drink more water. 3- Don’t use plastic bottles. 4- Eat organic foods. 5- Do a good deed. 6- Have a family dinner. 7- Sleep at 10:00 PM.
I am sure we (spas themselves and wellness fans) can think of other more exciting things to do on this potentially sunny Saturday so I am going to work on it over the coming months…..
Suggestions welcome +